Join us in prayer
Please remember the following in your prayers:
Chloe Anna Cant, Aaron Armstrong, Brian McNally, Ruth MacCaughey, Mia Slowie, Audrey Rafferty, Patrick John Lawrence, Helena Elliott, Irene Gilhooly, Maureen Baines, George Gill, Monica Coleman, Terry Reay, Tony Tynan, Simon Burns, Julia Knight, Doreen Hodgson, Michael Delamere, Jane Parkin, Tony Pfiffin, Wilf Crawley, George Dixon, (Martin) John Brice and Fathers Tony Duffy, Richard Harriot, David Tanner, Ian Hoskins and Pat McKenna.
This summer, we unite our prayers with the whole church, praying especially for:
- A Deeper Understanding between Christians and Jews
- Those who suffer Persecution, Oppression, and Denial of Human Rights especially on St John Fisher and St Thomas More (22 June)
- Europe especially of the feasts of St Benedict (11 July), St Bridget of Sweden (23 July), St Teresa Benedicta of the Cross (9 August) who, with St Cyril and St Methodius (14 February), and St Catherine of Siena (29 April), are Patrons of Europe
- Human Life especially on the Day for Life (3rd Sunday in June)
- Seafarers especially on Sea Sunday (2nd Sunday in July)
Latest calendar Events
- Feast of the Assumption15Aug2018
Holy Day of Obligation Masses: Vigil (14th) Chopwell 7:00pm; (15th) Highfield 12 Noon; Crawcrook 7:00pm
- 20th Sunday of the Year19Aug2018
- 21st Sunday of the Year26Aug2018
What is GDPR?
Things are changing! The GDPR came into force from 25th May 2018. This will affect how churches and many other organisations manage personal data and how this is protected and shared. The EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the result of four years of work by the EU to bring data protection legislation into line with new, previously unforeseen ways that data is now used.
Currently, the UK relies on the Data Protection Act 1998, which was enacted following the 1995 EU Data Protection Directive, but this will be superseded by the new legislation. It introduces tougher fines for noncompliance and breaches, and gives people more say over what companies can do with their data. It also makes data protection rules more or less identical throughout the EU.
Please click HERE to read the diocesan Data Protection Policy